In my practice I utilize both brief-focused (short-term) and growth-oriented (long form) psychotherapies.
A brief-focused approach is useful for crisis intervention. Time-limited and short-term, the focus is on cultivating tools to resolve problems or reduce symptoms quickly.
A growth-oriented approach is ongoing and depth-focused. This approach is useful for persons who are committed to living a more meaningful life by improving their work/school, social, and intimate relationships through expanding awareness and cultivating deeper understanding of one's own conscious and unconscious thoughts, feelings, beliefs, desires, attitudes, and behaviors.
As part of a multi-disciplinary approach, I integrate evidence-based interventions with well-known therapeutic orientations:
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy uses the principles of cognitive therapy, which teaches positive behavioral alternatives for anger management, anxiety reduction, problem solving and effective communication, and combines them with meditative practices and attitudes based on the cultivation of mindfulness.
- Gestalt Therapy is an experiential therapy which focuses on the whole of the client's life, accentuating present moment awareness, self regulation, and personal responsibility.
- Narrative Therapy offers a unique way of looking at a person's problem(s), as seperate from oneself but as part of one's life story, in order to increase self-mastery and encourage behavioral change.
- Drama Therapy utilizes embodiment, enactment and roleplay to invoke body awareness, situational clarity, and deeper emotional understanding.
- Expressive Arts Therapies emphasize creative and emotional expression through alternative and nonverbal means using techniques such as sand play, art making, music, and photography.
- emWave HRV Biofeedback is a training tool used by Stanford, Duke Medical Center, Kaiser, and many other top medical centers to help persons manage emotions, reduce stress, sleep better, and shift away from compulsive behaviors. It instills the use of breath and emotional physiology to achieve heart coherence for greater calm and focus.
For more information or to arrange a no cost consultation, please call me at 415-902-5638.