Individual, Couples and Family Counseling Services
CORNERSTONES of treatment
The foundation of good psychotherapy is the relationship between the therapist and client; a client can be an individual, a couple or a family.
As your therapist, I endeavor to:
- Listen deeply and responsively.
- Encourage personal inquiry toward cultivating your awareness and insight.
- Provide you with a safe and nonjudgmental space that supports useful risk-taking and change.
- Offer creative explorations that are specific to you and related to your therapeutic goals.
- Present you with tools drawn from neuroscience, biofeedback, and traditional schools of psychology.
Individual treatment specializations Include:
- Addiction and Substance Abuse (Abstinence and Harm Reduction Modalities)
- Anxiety and Stress Reduction
- Coping with Grief & Loss
- Creativity for Writers & Artists (Overcoming Creative Blocks)
- Developing Authenticity and Intimacy
- Navigating Stage of Life Transitions
- Overcoming Compulsive Behaviors
- Self-Esteem Building
Couples Specializations Include:
- Relationship Counseling
- Pre-Marital Counseling (Brief-focused)
- Marriage Counseling
- Separation Counseling
Family Specializations Include:
- Parent and Teen Alliance Building
- Separation and Divorce Related Counseling
- Families Impacted by Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Codependence, and Eating Disorders
Daytime and evening appointments available.
- Checks and most credit cards are accepted for payment.
- Payment is required at the beginning of a session.
- Checks can be made out to “Doug Ronning Psychotherapy”.
- Once an appointment is made, a client is responsible for payment of the therapy service unless 48 hour prior notice of cancellation is given.
- Please note Flexible Spending Account coverage may be applied to therapy. A receipt can be provided, which you may submit to your FSA account or insurance company for reimbursement.
Experiential psychotherapy can lead to positive life changes: feeling calmer, increased self-esteem, more fulfilling relationships, better communication, finding your passion, being more creative and productive, and reconnecting with joy and hope!
For more information or to arrange a no cost consultation, please call me at 415-902-5638.